JohnHamptonshireJohnHamptonshire

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

All 17 art Reviews

Dental Hygiene Conscious Fish Dental Hygiene Conscious Fish

Great stuff, absolutely love the colors and I can see why it won, but...

...What's an electric box?

Metal Rouge Metal Rouge

Your style is amazing - the detail on the character and robot is really great. Besides that I'm incredibly impressed by your use of color and lighting, you've done a very nice job giving the character(s) both a distinct cartoon-y look and a detailed, almost 3-dimensional feel to it.
The only problem I really have with this work is that, like others mentioned, the scaling seems a bit off. I can tell that the robot and the human are supposed to be on the front and the domes on the background are supposed to be far away from the two characters, but it somehow doesn't translate that well. I think it's because you made the rock the robot is standing on and the rocks in the background are too much alike (color-wise) - maybe making the two distinctly different (without pulling too much attention to it) should solve this problem.
Otherwise I'm nothing but very impressed by this and other work you've submitted so far. Keep the good work up!

Tomycase responds:

Yes the scaling was my really big problem on this drawing =(
I tried to differentiate foreground and background with colors intensity, but it fail u_u

But thanks a lot =D

Records Records

Mine would be similar but with video games instead of records and no controller whatsoever to play with...

...Only Kinect.

The horror.

Art Critique Comics Art Critique Comics

She should've gone fast.

Darunia Darunia

Yeah okay, you're gonna have to draw a lot more OoT characters now, these are just too good.

aniadraws responds:

I will :)

It's Good To Be King It's Good To Be King

Your drawing put a smile on my face. Everytime I think of this game, I think about the beautiful times discovering all those parts of Hyrule. Damn man, I miss being a kid.

aniadraws responds:

I am glad that it brought back those pleasant memories for you, it is a really beautiful game. I think OOT and Majoras Mask had the most 'emotional' connection with gamers. I have played all of them (gba,ds,wii) and its just not the same you know? anyways, thank you for your comment! :)

Subway Rats Subway Rats

Your best one

If you ask me, your best one by far. I'm amazed at your coloring-style, by the way. It's very impressive as well.

JWBalsley responds:

Thanks a lot Johnhampshire, this one took a while to do as well and was very time consuming, thanks again!

Sky Bird Sky Bird

Nice!

Brilliant work once again mate. Also, I think you did a very smart thing by making the ship up front black and shadowish, the ship in the back somewhat shadowish and the city below quite white - that way, we can tell what's what and what's in front and in the back.
I'm really loving your art, and I have to add that, judging by your other work, you've got quite a wide array of styles, all of them very interesting. Really, consider me impressed! I'll be looking for more from you!

JWBalsley responds:

Thanks a lot, I was experimenting with some ink washes when I did this one, I think it's my only one so far, I'll have to do some more. But I'm glad you have enjoyed my work so far!

Cheers!

Hither and yon been bad Hither and yon been bad

The dialogue

The dialogue makes it all the beter. I laughed at that last line. Crazy art, sure, but so much fun.
On a side note, this reminds me of that old-ish cartoon "Real Monsters" that aired on Nickelodeon for some reason.
Anyway, great stuff!

JWBalsley responds:

Thank you, I always enjoy having fun with dialog, I think it can be just as important as the art. I wonder myself if it's subconsciously inspired from "Real Monsters", or "Ren and Stimpy" as MrDonkeydong155 said.

Fatality Fatality