JohnHamptonshireJohnHamptonshire

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

Rejected Cartoons Rejected Cartoons

I think you've got the skills, but the quality of your work is just too low. I think you need to focus a bit more on the material you write and, like others have mentioned, the quality of your audio. But in time you can get there!

Batman: Arkham Jerk Batman: Arkham Jerk

Haha I never actually realized what you pointed out in this animation when playing the game, but you're absolutely right... And props on the animation, voice-acting and the humor, the jokes were actually funny and well-delivered!

DJFry responds:

Thanks!

Fill My Black Hole Fill My Black Hole

I used to be a big fan of your work but nowadays all you come out with are pretty shallow jokes about homosexuals, nudity and weird fetishes. Maybe at first that was funny, but this is like the 20th or 30th time you tried the same joke again. It just isn't funny anymore. At all.

The Guardian The Guardian

You seem to have made the same mistake a lot of authors on Newgrounds have made over the past years... If you decide that you want to tell a story, want to do that visually but don't want to make a movie, clip or film but and instead go for a different medium, make sure you utilize the characteristics of that medium, don't forget, neglect or disregard them. You chose to tell us a story through a little video game. I can think of a lot of video games that not only manage to keep telling a wonderful story throughout the time it takes to finish them, but also keep in mind that the actual PLAYING of it needs to stay interesting, compelling and motivating enough for the player to keep going. After all, if you want to finish telling the story, you will need to keep the player with you, focused and interested, towards the end. In your case (and many other cases on Newgrounds), this seems to have been forgotten. The story itself is interesting and visually you tell it wonderfully, but you seem to have forgotten that since you chose to use the video games medium, you need to provide us (the audience) with actual gameplay that will motivate us to keep playing. What you did instead is give us tedious gameplay that is not that compelling at first and becomes even less interesting when you make us repeat it multiple times. If you're not going to utilize the defining characteristics of the video game medium (namely, the gameplay) to the fullest, I suggest just telling your story in a different way (like, for example, an animation).
Having said that, don't consider this a failure; it is well-made and full of charm, it just lacks the game-aspect needed to make us want to finish your story.

simian.interface simian.interface

Unbelievably good! Should've gotten Weekly 1st Place IMO! The presentation, the simple yet awesome graphics, the amazing soundtrack (seriously, it's not just good chiptune, it's diverse and really motivating!), the humor and of course the puzzles, which keep getting better and harder, never get boring and o wow you even got some Mondriaan in there.
10/10, insta-fave. If every product had the same quality as this game, noone would ever complain again.

J-J-Jump J-J-Jump

Ah man, screw you guys for making that last part without a checkpoint! Seriously though, I've been on Newgrounds for years now, I've played tons and tons of games and I have to say: this is one of the best-made games I've seen so far. Everything is exactly right - the controls, the music, the graphics, the in-game gravity, the puzzles, the jumping - it's all done so very well. My utter respect for making a game this fun, addictive and well-executed. I vowed to finish it as soon as I started playing, and looking back at it now I can't say I regret that. Well, except for the fact that my eyes are bleeding now.

-BlastProcess- -BlastProcess-

I never get why Japanese video game companies are so incredibly uppity about people using the smallest things in their work. How in the world could you possibly damage them when all you do is use a few samples in a great song? Really, SEGA, Nintendo, C(r)APCOM, Sony and others: stop being such little pussies and give people who have backed you for more than 20 years the right to use some of your stuff every now and again.

Aaaaaaaanyway, nice song as always. I wouldn't have mind the beat a liiiiiitle beat harder and/or louder but other than that it's another Waterflame classic.

[Jay T] - Poundcake! [Jay T] - Poundcake!

@rayekyalfa let's keep posting that rubbish to YouTube now, okay?

JayTMusicUK: Great song dude.

-Clownparty remix- -Clownparty remix-

Dude I have to say it again...

I'm browsing your work on Newgrounds right now, and it is beyond me how I haven't heard of you before. Your beats are awesome beyond words and your tunes have exactly the edge I need to get people to start dancing!
Seriously, get the hell out there and either start working as a composer or become a DJ.
DO IT.

Dental Hygiene Conscious Fish Dental Hygiene Conscious Fish

Great stuff, absolutely love the colors and I can see why it won, but...

...What's an electric box?

Metal Rouge Metal Rouge

Your style is amazing - the detail on the character and robot is really great. Besides that I'm incredibly impressed by your use of color and lighting, you've done a very nice job giving the character(s) both a distinct cartoon-y look and a detailed, almost 3-dimensional feel to it.
The only problem I really have with this work is that, like others mentioned, the scaling seems a bit off. I can tell that the robot and the human are supposed to be on the front and the domes on the background are supposed to be far away from the two characters, but it somehow doesn't translate that well. I think it's because you made the rock the robot is standing on and the rocks in the background are too much alike (color-wise) - maybe making the two distinctly different (without pulling too much attention to it) should solve this problem.
Otherwise I'm nothing but very impressed by this and other work you've submitted so far. Keep the good work up!

Tomycase responds:

Yes the scaling was my really big problem on this drawing =(
I tried to differentiate foreground and background with colors intensity, but it fail u_u

But thanks a lot =D

Records Records

Mine would be similar but with video games instead of records and no controller whatsoever to play with...

...Only Kinect.